27 July 2016

Duo Make Departure from LMSFC

The Loyola Meralco Sparks will be returning from the two-week break without goalkeeper Tomas Trigo, and midfielder Akira Miyayama.
Trigo, who was signed from Team Socceroo back in December of 2014, has returned to Spain, where the Filipino-Spanish player will pursue a career in teaching. During his spell with the club, he won the PFF National Club Championship title in 2015, a tournament where he also earned the Golden Gloves award. He also became a regular with the Philippine National Team, competing for the goalkeeping position all side the likes of Neil Etheridige, Roland Mueller, and Patrick Deyto.
“I have some interesting projects in Spain, so I think this year is the time to leave the Philippines. Sometimes in life there are more important things than football. Now, it’s time to be with my family and to try new projects, so I think it’s the perfect time to leave,” explained Trigo.
“The experience in Loyola was very good. It was one of the best times of my life because, when I came to the Philippines I didn’t think to become a professional football player. My life changed a lot since I joined Loyola. I’m very thankful to all the staff, all my teammates, the coaches because they made me feel at home. I’m very happy. On the other hand, I’m sad because it’s a difficult choice. It’s a difficult decision but I have to take it,” he added.
Meanwhile, Miyayama makes his departure after only six months with the Sparks, a spell that included a recent hat-trick against Agila in the League.
“Aki (Miyayama) is a very good player and I hope that he finds another team, a good team also for himself,” said Guilherme Hasegawa whose Japanese roots made him close to the midfielder.
http://onemeralcosports.com/loyola-sparks/duo-makes-departure-from-lmsfc/

No comments:

Post a Comment