10 July 2016

Muller excited to play for Ceres La Salle

by JAELLE NEVIN REYES

Filipino-German goalkeeper Roland Muller is ecstatic to play for local league side Ceres La Salle FC after completing his transfer earlier this month.
According to Muller, he has been planning to move in the country to play and when the opportunity knocked when his contract with his old club ended, he took it.
“It was always my wish to play for the Philippines because I am a national team player. It was always in my head to play in the country and now after my contract was finished in Switzerland, I decided to play here,” he said in an interview.
Muller wants to impart his knowledge with the local players and reiterated that he is excited to play with his fellow Azkals, who are in the roster of the reigning United Football League champions.
“I want to support and develop this league. With Schrock and the other guys, they already made a good job. I’m really, really happy to be here,” he stated.
The 28-year-old shot-stopper started his professional career in Germany where he played for the reserve team of 1 FC Koln before having stints in other squads in the German football pyramid.
He spent three years with Swiss third tier team Servette FC, where he had 56 caps as the top choice goalkeeper for the Les Grenats.
Muller, who debuted for the Philippines in 2011, said he is already familiar with some of his new teammates and mentioned that he is slowly blending with the system of Ceres.
“Most of them I know already from the Azkals so its much easy. I know already how they are. They other I only knew during one practice but I am more than satisfied. They are very nice to me,” Muller added.
The Azkal standout also declared that his move would also serve as a boost for his chances to be included in the national team in the upcoming Suzuki Cup in Manila later this year.
“I’m looking forward to that tournament and I’m preparing for it. I will give my best to be there to help the team. And of course, my priority is to play and give my best but it will still be up to our coach to decide,” he concluded.
http://www.manilatimes.net/muller-excited-to-play-for-ceres-la-salle/272882/

No comments:

Post a Comment